May 8, 2024
REGISTRATION, CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST & NETWORKING
Welcome to Chicago — Introductions
State of the Healthcare and Life Sciences Investment and M&A Industry 2024
The conference opens with a Keynote panel discussion on the “State of the Healthcare and Life Sciences M&A Industry” from the proverbial ’30-thousand feet.’ Leading healthcare, life sciences and deal-flow experts with first-hand information will focus this discussion on, among other things:
- What is the outlook for middle-market M&A and Partnerships transactions in the next 12 to 18 months?
- How are Specialty Lenders sizing up these markets in 2024 and Beyond?
- Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Healthcare Services & non-Hospital Providers: What’s Hot and What’s Not?
- Distressed & Turnaround Opportunities in Healthcare & Life Sciences: How are transactions being affected by higher interest rates, staffing shortages, and sluggish reimbursements?
- What role is Artificial Intelligence playing in Healthcare & Life Sciences Transaction Activity?
Private Equity & VC Investment Horizons
- Healthcare & Life Sciences investing from the POV of private equity, VCs, REITs and other financial buyers.
- How are financial investors sizing up deal-flow opportunities in the next 12 months?
AM NETWORKING BREAK, REFRESHMENTS & INFORMAL DISCUSSIONS
Healthcare and Life Sciences M&A Transaction Services Roundtable
An examination of best practices in enhancing seller valuations, regulatory compliance, due diligence and more.
- What are the “dos and don’ts” before, during and after a healthcare M&A transaction?
- Transaction War Stories: Who has the best “You’ll-never-believe-what-happened” story to share?
- Will 2024 be a ‘Buyers’ or a ‘Sellers’ Market?
LUNCHEON FOR ALL CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS
Life Sciences & Non-Hospital Roll-Ups
A Discussion of Opportunities in Life Sciences, MedTech, Physician Practices and Other Specialties:
- Which sectors are showing the most Deal Flow promise in 2024 – or conversely, not-so-much?
- Where are Financial and Strategic Buyers focusing their attention over the next 12- to 18-months in these sectors?
- How are Sell-Side Companies maximizing Intellectual Property Valuations?
Partnerships & Joint Ventures Roundtable
- When does it make more sense to form joint venture and partnership relationships than to execute outright mergers or acquisitions?
- How are these partnerships and joint-venture deals being structured?
- How are debt restructuring pressures affecting the decisions to enter into partnerships and joint ventures vs. traditional M&A deals?
PM NETWORKING BREAK, REFRESHMENTS & INFORMAL DISCUSSIONS
Distressed & Turnaround Opportunities in Healthcare & Life Sciencese
- Chapter 11 filings in the Healthcare Services and Life Sciences sectors in 2023 are up a dramatic 400% over 2022. Will this trend continue in 2024?
- From Behavioral Health to Senior Housing, upheaval in these markets produces both distress AND opportunity. How are Opportunity Investors looking at deal-flow in these Markets?
The Convergence of Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare & Life Sciences
- How are AI technologies changing the landscape of healthcare and life sciences?
- In addition to offering tremendous benefits for bioscience and drug discovery, what are the dangers of AI in this space and, what role should government oversight and regulation play, if any?
- What is the impact of the October 30th Executive Order on AI likely to have on Healthcare & Life Sciences Dealmaking?
- Investment Opportunities in AI: How are Investors Distinguishing the-Next-Big-Thing vs. the next Bubble?
Evening Networking Reception
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Continuing Education Credits (e.g. CLE, CPE, CME, etc.) may be available for iiBIG conference attendees. Upon request conference attendees will be provided with a “Certificate of Attendance” and a copy of the conference agenda, showing topics, length of sessions, and name(s) and professional affiliation(s) of presenter(s) for each session. Attendees wishing to apply for continuing education credits for attending this conference may submit this documentation to the relevant organization in his/her state when applying for such credits.
International Institute for Business Information & Growth LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.