APRIL 21-22, 2021
Welcome & Introductions
Don Buford, Founder & CEO,
iiBIG LLC – New York
Opening Panel: State of the Education Finance and Student Lending Industry in 2021
- What can we expect from the Biden-Harris Department of Education?
- Student Loan Forgiveness: Like it or Not it’s Coming.
- Are new private/for-profit players entering this market? Why or why not?
- What other Education Finance changes can be expected in 2021 and beyond?
- Wayne Johnson, Former Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, Federal Student Aid, United States Department of Education (2017-2020)
- Mark Brown, Executive Director, Student Freedom Initiative (SFI) – Washington, DC
- Debra Chromy, EdD, President, Education Finance Council – Washington, DC
- Nick Ducoff, Co-Founder & CEO, Edmit, Inc. – Boston, MA
Valuation and Securitization Trends
How’s the Secondary Market for Student Loans Looking in 2021 and beyond?
- Joseph Cioffi, Partner, Insolvency, Creditors’ Rights & Financial Products, Davis+Gilbert LLP– New York, NY
- Ian Rasmussen, Senior Director, ABS, Fitch Ratings – New Yorcc NYC
- Mark Weadick, Managing Director, SL Capital Strategies – Cincinnati, OH
- Melvin Zhou, Director ABS Consumer, Kroll Bond Ratings Agency – New York, NY
- Others TBD
Marketplace & Private Lenders Roundtable
- Facilitating Customer Acquisition, Origination and Underwriting of Private Student Loans.
- What is the status of online Marketplace Lending, and partnerships and JVs with Traditional Lenders?
- What does the Private Student Loan landscape look like over the next 12 months, and beyond?
- Aaron Pisacane, Founder, Einstein Higher Edu Solutions – Philadelphia, PA
- Robert Humann, Chief Revenue Officer, Credible Labs – San Francisco, CA
- Ken Ruggiero, CEO, Ascent Funding – San Diego, CA
- Lance Teinert, CEO, CURevl LLC – Richardson, TX
Innovations in Student Loan Repayment Plans
- From Income-based repayment products to Employer Re-payment Plans, how are private lenders addressing the ever-increasing burden of Student Loan Debt?
- Have Private Banks entered this space?
- What is the status of pending legislation in Congress to make these plans tax-exempt?
- Brad Rustin, Partner & Chair, Financial Regulatory Group, Nelson Mullins LLP – Greenville, SC
- Charles Kelly, Executive Director, Rhode Island Student Loan Authority (RISLA) – Warwick, RI
- Daniel Pianko. Managing Director, University Ventures – New York, NY
- Dubravka Ritter, Advisor and Research Fellow, Consumer Finance Institute, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
END OF DAY ONE
DAY TWO: THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2021
Welcome to Day Two Registration
Don Buford, Founder & CEO,
iiBIG LLC – New York
Student/Parent Consolidation Loans: An Update
- Henry Howard, President & CEO, S. Education Finance Group – Miami, FL
- Other(s) TBA
Higher Education Regulatory Roundtable
- Legal/Regulatory Outlook for Student Loans at the State & Federal Level in 2021 and beyond.
- What is the Likelihood of new Regulations regarding Student Loan Forgiveness Policies?
- What can we expect from a CFPB that is under new management?
- Under New Management, how will the CFPB’s posture toward Student Loan Issues Change?
- Arthur Rotatori, Member, McGlinchey Stafford – Cleveland, OH
- A. Wayne Johnson, Former Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, Federal Student Aid, United States Department of Education (2017-2020)
- Kathryn Rock, Director, Banking, Insurance & Capital Markets, Guidehouse – Washington, DC
- Andrew Smalley, Research Analyst, National Conference of State Legislatures – Denver, CO
Loan Servicing & Collections Dynamics
- Expanding Servicing Options for Federal Student Loans
- What are the latest developments in the servicing and collection of student loans?
- How will policies of the new Biden DoE affect Student Loan Servicing and Collections in 2021 and beyond?
- Matthew (Matt) Myers, President, Goal Solutions – San Diego, CA
- Bryan Ashton, VP Community Investment & Community Affairs, Trellis Co. – Round Rock, TX
- Scott Buchanan, Executive Director, Student Loan Servicing Alliance – Washington, DC
- William (Will) Shaffner, Director, Business Development & Government Relations, Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (MOHELA) – Chesterfield, MO (invite pending)
An iiBIG Thanks to our Executive Faculties, Attendees & Sponsors for over 12-years of Thought Leadership in the Education Finance & Student Loan Sector
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Continuing Education Credits (e.g. CLE, CPE, CME, etc.) may be available for iiBIG conference attendees. Upon request conference attendees will be provided with a “Certificate of Attendance” and a copy of the conference agenda, showing topics, length of sessions, and name(s) and professional affiliation(s) of presenter(s) for each session. Attendees wishing to apply for continuing education credits for attending this conference may submit this documentation to the relevant organization in his/her state when applying for such credits.
International Institute for Business Information & Growth LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.